Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forum Upgrade Today - 9th August 2017

Firstly, apologies for the lack of notice - unfortunately I've not been very well in the past week or so including a hospital stay and now largely bed ridden. This has delayed work I wanted to do on the new forum update but as a security release was announced I had little choice but to rush and get the upgrade prepped and installed to ensure the forum is fully up to date.

This upgrade has introduced lots of changes - we will look at them in turn in the next few weeks but to begin with, things should mostly be the same - the major change is instead of likes there is now reactions.

The theme has been updated - it may need more tweaking but I think it's pretty close to what we had before for now. I've taken the decision to remove the 'Simple' theme for now as a tiny handful of people were using it and every theme we use is another burden of testing and upgrading every time there is a new release. Instead I had made available the 'default' simple theme for those who want black on white text.

Please report anything glaringly not working or broken in the usual way - the Bugs forum: https://stargazerslounge.com/forum/50-forum-suggestions-bugs-errors-and-foibles/

I will do my best to monitor everything and pick up any issues I see.

Thanks for your understanding.

Grant

Archived