Sun PST, some eclipse practice.

MilwaukeeLion

Been testing combinations for the upcoming event.  I like using my USB 2 extension on my USB 3 ccd, slows fps down nicely to 14 or so without any negative effects on capture software.  When I mess with fps using capture software, things go little haywire sometimes.  Should help keep file sizes down for laptop.  Least that's plan.  Also want to capture moon detail, need to figure out how to get moon images / settings on DSLR.  I've imaged moon many times during daylight, but settings prob won't stay same with backdrop of sun.  Cheers!

ML

a.jpg

14 hours ago, Craney said:

That is a nice image for a PST.  What camera do you use ??

Sean.

Hey Sean,  Camera is ZWO ASI 174mm, 4000 frames into PIPP, 1200 quality frames into AS2, 600 frame stack.  I recently picked up below low profile cover for 174mm from High Point Scientific.  No longer have to use barlow lens to focus with PST.  When I adjust tuning ring on PST the focus area moves around, but now viewing area is so large 1936x1216 I can move sun around to match up with sweet spot on PST.   

low-profile-cover - Copy.jpg

Archived