Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

telescopes

TITAN

Yes, Titan I seem to have acquired quite a lot of stuff :clouds2: Be careful, my obsession started with a 66mm refractor just over 2 years ago... The Obs (roll-off-roof shed) was built because the 8inch scope I have was a bit too heavy for me to be lugging around in the middle of the night, and so means I can leave everything set up (and its great for storing kit too!). Given my weather conditions are generally not good - it rains a lot here :) - at least if there is a break in the clouds I can roll off the roof and give it a go, safe in the knowledge that if it threatens rain I can quickly cover everything back up again.

But over the last umpteen months I don't seem to have been able to do even that :)

Ah well, its given me time to get the Obs feeling homely!

Helen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most of the Orion gear is just the same as the Skywatcher stuff but re-badged. Same factory, same optics etc.

Sounds like a mix up of Orion US (logo is a badge like a space invader) and Orion Optics (UK). The Orion US stuff is made in China (along with Skywatcher & Celestron) but Orion Optics are British made and of a MUCH higher quality in general.

BTW...Welcome to the forums Titan!

Yes, Titan I seem to have acquired quite a lot of stuff :clouds2: Be careful, my obsession started with a 66mm refractor just over 2 years ago... The Obs (roll-off-roof shed) was built because the 8inch scope I have was a bit too heavy for me to be lugging around in the middle of the night, and so means I can leave everything set up (and its great for storing kit too!). Given my weather conditions are generally not good - it rains a lot here :) - at least if there is a break in the clouds I can roll off the roof and give it a go, safe in the knowledge that if it threatens rain I can quickly cover everything back up again.

But over the last umpteen months I don't seem to have been able to do even that :)

Ah well, its given me time to get the Obs feeling homely!

Helen

I allready have the obsesion, my other hobbie is keeping and studying reptiles, and i work with them for a living. I drive my wife mad with my hobbies. If i'm not doing something with reptiles its astronomy. I would love a obs but my area is not reall fit for one.

most of the Orion gear is just the same as the Skywatcher stuff but re-badged. Same factory, same optics etc.

Sounds like a mix up of Orion US (logo is a badge like a space invader) and Orion Optics (UK). The Orion US stuff is made in China (along with Skywatcher & Celestron) but Orion Optics are British made and of a MUCH higher quality in general.

Thanks for that haitch, but i think my budget of £300 wont be enough for an orion. But i'll have a look at a few anyway.

Archived