NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Flat Earth?........ Nah, it's official now!

RayD

Also, that Flat Earth Society page is hilarious. I've just been having a look. I saw that someone said this:

Here's the biggest red flag. Do you know why no one has ever circumnavigate the poles.... Start at the North Pole and stay on the same meridian past the South Pole and back to north pole. East to west has been done. How come no one has tried to top that and circle navigate the poles.?????? Because it's physically impossible. There you go. It's not a globe

I simply had to reply, I know I won't change their minds, many have tried on the inevitable discussion that followed, however I thought I'd have a laugh:

Someone may have already pointed this out but I haven't got the stamina to read all this stubborn refusal to accept peer reviewed science so here we go. In your original post you acknowledge that east-west circumnavigation has been done. Think about that for a moment. That part of your statement seems to indicate that you accept that It's joined up around the east-west axis (see what I'm doing here, it's logic and reasoning). However you don't accept that it's joined up around the north-south axis. THEREFORE, the Earth must be a cylinder. Change the name of this page to The Cylindrical Earth Society immediately.

• Like 1

This image shows a cloud above Europe, and when I looked outside my window (in Europe) earlier today, there was. Therefore the image is accurate. And so the earth must be flat.

QED

(And as for the size of the bottle relative to the cat: have you guys never been on an aeroplane. They always serve wine from small bottles.)

• Like 2

If you read garbage from the F.E.S. you risk sharing something in common with them - the need to wear the same uniforms:

8118-4-straightjacket-920x705_0.jpg.099e58d166ce608cad723837f458e6e0.jpg

These dolts seem to be making huge social gains in this country (USA). I think it may be some new virus that escaped from someone's lab. Perhaps I'll write a letter to the newspaper here - and to my senators - proposing a funded study be conducted.....

While I let this idea rattle about my mind - not unlike the brains of a flat-Earther stuffed-up a gnat's backsides - I'll let the following suffice...

597d158c4f2ff_Iseestupidpeople...b.jpg.8ca879ff022dfa6bae7d22a72bacc6fc.jpg

evaD

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

however I thought I'd have a laugh:

THEREFORE, the Earth must be a cylinder. Change the name of this page to The Cylindrical Earth Society immediately.

hehee :)

But then it would be flat,,, on the top and bottom :duckie:

I can not decide if they are serious or just persist to annoy astrologers :hiding:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

on the top and bottom

Unless it's hollow and open ended, maybe that cat lives inside - could be the answer to Schrodinger. But then there'd have to be a top and bottom so actually you're right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

could be the answer to Schrodinger.

But then there'd have to be a top and bottom so actually you're right.

Arrrghh ! ( or should that be meeew ) your bending my mind :)

Oh I got it - a Mobius earth ! flat all the way round and no need to lift the lid to look inside , or do I mean a Klein bottle

and it is (still) raining, so I (still) maintain that is a fraudulent card :(

Edited by SilverAstro
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

a Mobius earth

Now you're bending my mind ya eejit. I hadn't even thought of Mobius or Klein bottles. I'm sure we could make it work too if we had the capacity! I'm off to setup a Facebook page and get a following.

• Like 2

How abouts a "Polytetrahedron-Earth Society? As is:

Cell600Cmp.ogv.jpg.a9cc9babd88038b4c4bd1e9d56a1c539.jpg

The Kresge Auditorium is an actual polytetrahedron. Owned by MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts - MIT is known to rent it out. We could lure our converts from the Flat-Earth Society there for a meeting.....And lock them all inside and leave (or something...)!

West-View-2048-1.thumb.jpg.e094e31bb5e29379d92f1ca97272cc56.jpg

Kresge Auditorium

I'll go away now. Hold my calls...

Dave

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

capacity!

and get a following.

Capacity ! did you mean that, I dont know how to define the capacity of one of they Klein bottles, nor how to drink out of one, I dare not do a facebook page, I have enough trouble following myself at times :icon_scratch: :

in fact I think my transmogrified furry friend looks a bit puzzled as well, + I have rectified the true representation of the cloud over my bit of Europe  :-

KcatS.thumb.jpg.0c9413f1fef74a15e6b7d4889082570b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

nor how to drink out of one

I think you need to be inside, but that presents a whole other set of challenges, but if we could trap the FEs inside one it'd be more secure than Dave's polytetrahedron I reckon.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

How abouts a "Polytetrahedron-Earth Society? 

Or just a Polyhedral Earth ?

as a wee lad I was fascinated by and made models of the Platonic Solids and then branched out into more complex nets, just think I could have been an architect !

4 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I think you need to be inside, but that presents a whole other set of challenges,

but it doesnt have an inside and outside, errrr, does it ? And if it did and you drank all the beer through a straw would it collapse under the pressure of all the air outside, ma heed hertz.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

but it doesnt have an inside and outside, errrr, does it ? And if it did and you drank all the beer through a straw would it collapse under the pressure of all the air outside, ma heed hertz.

Of course. I'm done now :help:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wimvb said:

(And as for the size of the bottle relative to the cat: have you guys never been on an aeroplane. They always serve wine from small bottles.)

I also know it's almost impossible to get a cat on an airplane, due to quarantine issues. The whole thing is very fishy (unless the giant cat has eaten them all).

5 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

Oh I got it - a Mobius earth ! flat all the way round and no need to lift the lid to look inside , or do I mean a Klein bottle

You could be on to something there, the Klein bottle could explain the water cycle. This evaporation and precipitation business always sounded like voodoo to me, a quick pour makes so much more sense.

4 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

I also know it's almost impossible to get a cat on an airplane, due to quarantine issues. The whole thing is very fishy (unless the giant cat has eaten them all).

You could be on to something there, the Klein bottle could explain the water cycle. This evaporation and precipitation business always sounded like voodoo to me, a quick pour makes so much more sense.

The 'giant cat' didn't eat 'em. It was the nasty ol' terrapin!

tumblr_o343aa4tbZ1sfeix4o1_250.gif.0ea77b1a734104820dbf2f9e7d0875c2.gif

Dave - (hoping he has a full bottle, too!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love this "Meme"... Saw it elsewhere and recently? Someone
who (at least) knew CATS! I laughed re. the recollection of a
"runty" little kitten who persisted in pushing a HUGE Plant Pot
off a table. Repeatedly, despite attempts to cajole / stop! :p

Eighteen years of total love... and abject feline defiance? :D

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

In case I am in danger of upsetting the Hubble team, I crossed out 'figured' in ref to it being superbly well figured to completely the wrong profile. Yea, I know, tediously old joke, I plead rain-on-the-brain malady.

Just don't say that the Hubble is flat... oh man.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Also, that Flat Earth Society page is hilarious. I've just been having a look. I saw that someone said this:

Here's the biggest red flag. Do you know why no one has ever circumnavigate the poles.... Start at the North Pole and stay on the same meridian past the South Pole and back to north pole. East to west has been done. How come no one has tried to top that and circle navigate the poles.?????? Because it's physically impossible. There you go. It's not a globe

I simply had to reply, I know I won't change their minds, many have tried on the inevitable discussion that followed, however I thought I'd have a laugh:

Someone may have already pointed this out but I haven't got the stamina to read all this stubborn refusal to accept peer reviewed science so here we go. In your original post you acknowledge that east-west circumnavigation has been done. Think about that for a moment. That part of your statement seems to indicate that you accept that It's joined up around the east-west axis (see what I'm doing here, it's logic and reasoning). However you don't accept that it's joined up around the north-south axis. THEREFORE, the Earth must be a cylinder. Change the name of this page to The Cylindrical Earth Society immediately.

Oh John, be careful... looks like you have started the slow decent into being roped into their idiocracy.... you wont be the same at the other end... most likely your opinion of human intellect will be severely damaged... even if its regarding a extremely small minority'o'morons....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

If you read garbage from the F.E.S. you risk sharing something in common with them - the need to wear the same uniforms:

8118-4-straightjacket-920x705_0.jpg.099e58d166ce608cad723837f458e6e0.jpg

These dolts seem to be making huge social gains in this country (USA). I think it may be some new virus that escaped from someone's lab. Perhaps I'll write a letter to the newspaper here - and to my senators - proposing a funded study be conducted.....

While I let this idea rattle about my mind - not unlike the brains of a flat-Earther stuffed-up a gnat's backsides - I'll let the following suffice...

597d158c4f2ff_Iseestupidpeople...b.jpg.8ca879ff022dfa6bae7d22a72bacc6fc.jpg

evaD

HA HA, yeah, with every generation I think DNA is more and more corrupt... with each generation IQ drops by a few to a few dozen points.

3 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

The 'giant cat' didn't eat 'em. It was the nasty ol' terrapin!

tumblr_o343aa4tbZ1sfeix4o1_250.gif.0ea77b1a734104820dbf2f9e7d0875c2.gif

Dave - (hoping he has a full bottle, too!)

Ah of course... lucky that the earth is flat and all of that pink sky glow is at the bottom... no wait.. I'm sire I see sky glow, sky glow everywhere... this map might be upside down...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Oh John, be careful... looks like you have started the slow decent into being roped into their idiocracy.... you wont be the same at the other end... most likely your opinion of human intellect will be severely damaged... even if its regarding a extremely small minority'o'morons....

don't worry, my opinion is already damaged! Gave up trying to convince long ago :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnfosteruk said:

don't worry, my opinion is already damaged! Gave up trying to convince long ago :)

Yup, although I don't believe in giving up any fights, this one I make an exception for, it's a lost cause, you can't reason with anything as dumb as a box of hammers.

• Like 1