Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dark Nebula in Gamma Cygni

johnrt

Hello.

So what have been up to since I last did any imaging in March? I managed to get in to a legal dispute with the Mrs' uncle over the sale of a house, turned 40 and achieved a trapped nerve in my shoulder! :help:

In the meantime I have also been struggling to find a method that will keep the flawed altitude adjustment mechanism of my AZEQ6 stable enough for a semi permanent pier mounting, I have improved this, but it still isn't perfect.

With the nights getting a little darker, Astro darkness returned to tropical Sevenoaks this week, I was touring Sara's recent and most excellent Sadr region mosaic looking for inspiration when I spotted this little patch of dark nebula just to the side of the large rift near Sadr, and I thought I'd ease myself back in with a little something different than I normally do, a little mono Ha imaging.

Back up and running without too much hassle, I did discover that my (new) ST4 guiding cable had broken in the flight case while being left alone for 3 months, lucky I still had the previous one and that was diagnosed pretty quickly.

Here's the sum of 3.5 hours in 10 minute subs with the 6" RC, Atik 460ex and 3nm Astrodon, software was SGPro, Pixinsight for construction and processing in CS5.

Hope you like :)

John.

36059743015_4418709f62_b.jpg

Very nice indeed to have you back. All your imaging hallmarks are here to be enjoyed as well: pinpoint but unforced sharpness, a sweetlly judged black point, invisible NR (if there is any, but since it's invisible...:icon_mrgreen:)

Super image, and original.

Olly

That's a lovely image John..... it's so great to have you back, I have missed your images around the forum..... I hope that everything is now at a point where you can continue to get that equipment working well.

Interestingly, this part of the Butterfly jumped out at me when I'd done the mosaic and so I may take a look at it in isolation some time. A super image from you and bang on the money for all the right reasons :) 

21 minutes ago, swag72 said:

That's a lovely image John..... it's so great to have you back, I have missed your images around the forum..... I hope that everything is now at a point where you can continue to get that equipment working well.

Interestingly, this part of the Butterfly jumped out at me when I'd done the mosaic and so I may take a look at it in isolation some time. A super image from you and bang on the money for all the right reasons :) 

26 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Very nice indeed to have you back. All your imaging hallmarks are here to be enjoyed as well: pinpoint but unforced sharpness, a sweetlly judged black point, invisible NR (if there is any, but since it's invisible...:icon_mrgreen:)

Super image, and original.

Olly

Thank you both, but seriously, if you have *any* advice on how to drive a car with a trapped shoulder nerve without looking slightly deranged I would be very interested!

:icon_biggrin:

This feature looks a little like a Herbig Haro jet, anyone have any info on this?

integration.jpg.aaadf6ad61bd45cba91c7eb7d98128e2.jpg

1 hour ago, johnrt said:

Thank you both, but seriously, if you have *any* advice on how to drive a car with a trapped shoulder nerve without looking slightly deranged I would be very interested!

:icon_biggrin:

This feature looks a little like a Herbig Haro jet, anyone have any info on this?

integration.jpg.aaadf6ad61bd45cba91c7eb7d98128e2.jpg

Great image.

Regarding your driving problem. The only solution I see as an alternative to looking slightly deranged would be to look seriously deranged. At least people then often look away ;)

Hope your troubles clear up soon

Great image! Not sure if the additional feature is a HH object, probably the best way to check would be to solve the image to obtain the exact co-ordinates or the object, then punch that into ViizieR.

http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-3?-source=V/104/catalog

In regard to the driving, if I was in that much agony I probably wouldnt drive since it might restrict how much you can look around, be safe mate ;)

9 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Great image! Not sure if the additional feature is a HH object, probably the best way to check would be to solve the image to obtain the exact co-ordinates or the object, then punch that into ViizieR.

http://vizier.u-strasbg.fr/viz-bin/VizieR-3?-source=V/104/catalog

In regard to the driving, if I was in that much agony I probably wouldnt drive since it might restrict how much you can look around, be safe mate ;)

Don't worry I manage a business that has over 1 million visitors a year, we're all about the 'elf 'n safety, I don't get up off the sofa before I've filled out a risk assessment :) 

26 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Wow--this really has a 3D quality to it.  The dark structures seem to protrude out of the screen.  Well done.

Rodd

Thank you Rodd, it's nice to post an image and do something a little different for me. :)

Archived