NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

July 8, AIA data

Drop Of Sun

Hi Folks,

Not my captures, AIA level 1 data from SDO that I have processed. It's been a while since I processed any solar images. Nice to see the sun has been picking up!

35895858625_a02df33736_o.jpg

35056513604_1c8c375ace_h.jpg

35508460670_c661c83bb2_o.jpg

35913080275_f5dec3da4d_h.jpg

---
8th July, 2017
AR2665
AIA171/1700 level 1 data courtesy of NASA/SDO and the AIA, EVE, and HMI science teams.

Good stuff Luke, thought you'd retired from solar imaging :grin:

I've finally got a working Quark after it's too and froing to Daystar for the last 6 months, not had much chance to try it yet but it doesn't seem as good as my original.

Dave

Here's a second shot at processing AIA171, I was going around in circles with the first effort! I think I am happier with this one for my taste.

35106289633_0c11e7dc14_o.jpg

EDIT: Another stab at the big AR in AIA171 - I think it has more depth to it than #1:

35081622164_da9c6bd9ff_o.jpg

Thanks Dave and Stu, it's good to be back!

I fancied a break from the solar, I felt like I wanted to get the frustration over a certain brand of solar filter out of my system! And I really likes me other hobby too, boardgames. No stoopid weather issues!

We've had a year off more or less from the night time astro as well, which wasn't really planned! Really looking forward to hopefully doing a proper season this year.

I sorta miss the solar capture a little bit, that buzz when you get some captures in the bag! I think I might have a ponder when we're getting closer to the next solar maximum if funds allow.

Dave, hope your Quark is similar to the one you sent back. That's sorta my concern with those amazing devices. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm looking forward to catching up with the amazing images. I don't recall Charl was doing h-alpha last time I was here. They look sweet!

---
8th July, 2017
AR2665
AIA171 level 1 data courtesy of NASA/SDO and the AIA, EVE, and HMI science teams.

Charl has managed to get hold of a really nice Quark, pity Daystar can't be consistent.

Daz, Ewan and a couple of others seem to have outstanding ones, mine was good on days of good seeing, need a nice clear day to test it properly.

Dave

Archived