Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Focusing Aid

George

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pricing is horrendous, it's not even his idea, if it were the original guy (Pavel) who was selling them at that price I'd be tempted because he's a small man with a great idea trying to scratch a living, but I'll be damned if I'm lining someone elses over stuffed pockets on this one. I believe all of the data is open source according to spike-a's legal team, If I make my own I'll definitely make a donation to pavel directly if at all possible.

Dont think the price is too bad for something which is not exactly straight forward to manufacture

There are some pretty basic adapters etc on the market which cost a bomb and take little time or skill to make.

Until I know the "legal" aspects of the design I'm not thinking of "taking" orders...

I will probably "cad" up the design over the weekend ready for my contacts to have a look at and get some prototypes made for me to have a play with...

I ready have quite a selection of laser cut stainless steel hartman masks and diffraction spike generators etc...

8154_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Billy...

I have just converted the CDR files into autocad dwg's so that they can be imported into RADAN and sent to the laser cutter...I normally get my masks cut in 1mm stainless and don't "black" them stainless gives very good edge definition much better than aluminium and even 1mm thick stainless is quite "robust".

I will try and get them e-mailed off to the "man who can" on Monday...

Any thought of the best way of mounting these on the scope...my hartmann masks for the SCT's just fit into the front cell - I had thought have having some return tabs (lined with felt) on the refractor ones so they can be "clipped" onto the fixed dew shield of the "66" and held in place with tape or a rubber band..

Billy...

Archived