NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Focusing Aid

George

According to a man who knows... not all hyperstars are created equal - at least in terms of the dimensions where then connect to teh FCP.. o this one is going to require some more investigation...

What I will need is... THe OD of the scope at the front of the OTA and the diameter of the Hyperstar adaptor at that point...

Billy...

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter,

when I have paid for the three masks I have received from you, I have three more I need.

One for my 150mm f8 refractor, one for my ED80, and one for my zs66.

I will supply measurements as required, when and if, you are carrying on with them.

Ron.

Apologise for the delays in replying to PM's I'm up against the 10 PM's an hour limit but i will get back to you ASAP...

Most of you have had your "bills" and thanks for all the comments just tying up a few loose ends over the next few days and "billybits" may soon be able to post a pricelist...

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

The MOQ is now 10 per design cash with order instead of producing a mixed design sheet... this makes it totally un-economic to produce new designs and ones for "exotic" scopes where either the cost will have to go up to reflect the short run charges or I will be stuck with stock which might take years if ever to sell...

I cant see people waiting a few months for me to get orders for a quantity of each design to make economic manufacture feasible.

Need a face to face chat with them to see whats changed :(

Billy...

.... either the cost will have to go up to reflect the short run charges or I will be stuck with stock which might take years if ever to sell...

Not easy, is it :(

Perhaps you have set your sights too high for a startup company.

Rather than try to please everybody, have you considered making for only a half-dozen popular imaging scopes like the ED80, Explorer 200p, ZS66 and Bern's GSO 8" f4? Then over time gradually increase the range. Don't be afraid to charge whatever is necessary. People will pay if they see the price is fair and reflects the quality and service, it doesn't have to be the cheapest.

HTH

.... either the cost will have to go up to reflect the short run charges or I will be stuck with stock which might take years if ever to sell...

Not easy, is it :(

Perhaps you have set your sights too high for a startup company.

Rather than try to please everybody, have you considered making for only a half-dozen popular imaging scopes like the ED80, Explorer 200p, ZS66 and Bern's GSO 8" f4? Then over time gradually increase the range. Don't be afraid to charge whatever is necessary. People will pay if they see the price is fair and reflects the quality and service, it doesn't have to be the cheapest.

HTH

Thanks Steve

Fortunately this isn't my "job" although at times it seems to be... I was just trying to bring soemthing useful to people at the lowest possible price... I suppose I could have used a bigger margin to fund stock but thats not the way I wanted to do it...and based on all the discussion until today I should have been able to...I guess in the current economic climate "credit" in the supply chain is just getting tighter :)

I have the option of some very low cost finance to fund stock but didn't really want to use it...as it comes with "strings" which included more "realistic" pricing :lol:

hopefully I can resolve the situation with a face to face and perhaps reach a workable compromise...

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I have generated two masks for my 6"refractor. One at f8, and the other f20. I can open the files in both Gimp, and Inkscape, but the beggars won't print for some reason. Do I need a postscript printer to do them?

HELP.

Ron.:lol:

So you can print other images from GIMP and Inkscape? and from other apps to the printer?

Yes, it works fine with any other programme.

Should the printer be able to understand the file type, ie .svg?

There is no raspberry or anything, it doesn't even present me with a print preview, as with other work, such as from CS3 or PaintShop Pro. MS Word PDF Files.

It's an odd one for sure.

Ron.:lol:

provided the app has opened the file then its shouldn't really make any difference ?

You could try downloading and installing one of the free pdf creators (they install as a printer driver) and printing out the resulting PDF instead...

heres one I have used a lot in the past...

http://www.dopdf.com/

Worked with all sorts of weird and wonderful software without a hitch...

Peter

WEll I now have one of Pyschobilly's marvellous Bahtinov masks and all I can say if Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Is really precise focussing easy or what?

1 - Just slew my 80ED onto a nice bright star,

2 - Turn on the liveview option on my Canon 1000D,

3 - Zoom in by 5x on the computer screen

4 - Alter the focussing to get the long line exactly bisecting the cross (easy).

5 - Robert is your mother's brother.

Thanks Psychobilly - you're a star.

Archived