Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Asking too much?

Have ordered the Skywatcher Star Adventurer bundle, which hopefully I will be able to pick up on Friday, but have just been thinking......would putting a Startravel 80 and Nikon D7100 on that be asking too much of the mount?  The 80 would be a new purchase too, but could always be dual purposed into being an improved guidescope (justifying to myself now :icon_biggrin: )

14 hours ago, Shelster1973 said:

Suppose I could get a 1.25 Nikon adaptor. Was planning on using my coma corrector but now realise this is not needed in a frac 

Just not sure how much vignetting I would have using a 1.25

You would still require a field flattener. I know a couple of people that use a TS Optics ED70mm Carbon Fibre scope with the Star Adventurer very successfully. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/06/2017 at 10:45, Davey-T said:

The weight shouldn't be a problem I was using a WO Megrez 72 with flattener / reducer and 60Da on my SWSA last night.

A scope with a 2" focuser would suit you better.

Dave

Hi, not particularly intending to hijack the thread, just had similar queries, having recently received the star adventurer myself and trying to use a 72/432 scope. 

Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup with the 72/SA Dave? Might help me with my balance issues, polar alignment is another story :icon_biggrin:

Cheers! 

6 hours ago, Space_Plane said:

Hi, not particularly intending to hijack the thread, just had similar queries, having recently received the star adventurer myself and trying to use a 72/432 scope. 

Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup with the 72/SA Dave? Might help me with my balance issues, polar alignment is another story :icon_biggrin:

Cheers! 

Sorry didn't take any pictures I just got the scope and stuck it on the SWSA for a quick test.

Dave

I think that you will be fine, the scope 1.5kg plus the DSLR will be about the 700g mark, even with a field flattener it'll only be in the 2.5kg ballpark total so the mount will handle it.

On 7/8/2017 at 07:24, Shelster1973 said:

I Am just going DSLR with lenses. Did try the other night but got clouded out halfway through. Plus I don't have an l.p. filter atm. That is on a slow boat from china

Well now, you should have popped over to FLO and gathered one up, naughty boy! :icon_biggrin:

Even here, I avoid ordering from China. It just seems to take too long.

Unless it's an Ipad for the Mrs. Those come at light speed. :dontknow:

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:47, SonnyE said:

Well now, you should have popped over to FLO and gathered one up, naughty boy! :icon_biggrin:

Even here, I avoid ordering from China. It just seems to take too long.

Unless it's an Ipad for the Mrs. Those come at light speed. :dontknow:

I would have if they sold clip in filters for Nikon D7100 cameras......would be way to silly expensive to get a filter for my lenses.

Archived