Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging w/ SW 150p EQ3-2

On 2017-6-5 at 12:36, Woolnut said:

I have done some more research and it seems the more i look the more the can of worms is opening... So many opposing views from multiple sources!

You'll get that absolutely everywhere - ask a roomful of 'experts in their field' how to do something and I bet you get as many different answers as there are people ;)

There's no one right way to do it, which is sometimes unfortunate but is what makes it interesting.

Is it wrong to download someone else's images to look at?

Is it wrong to throw money at the problem until you get a nice picture yourself?

Is it wrong to want to modify and adapt cheaper things to find out for yourself just what is actually possible compared to what 'people' say is possible?

You could go to either extreme - you could do as you were advised earlier and ditch all the kit you currently have and spend the equivalent of a new car and still not be guaranteed results - or - you could whittle yourself a new mount from driftwood (it'd be something to do when it's cloudy...)

Let's be honest, there really is no 'minimum' for taking pictures over and above a camera - there are many stunning images gathered with a kit list comprising gate hinges and lumps of plywood, so choose your path and make your own decisions on which direction it leads you (nothing wrong with asking fir advice along the way, but remember there is no gospel...)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived