Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Double stroke of luck

Pig

Well it looks like I have had some luck with the skies tonight, this is a double stroke of luck because I have to leave my house at 3am to catch a flight to Verona. Normally with these early morning flights I struggle keeping myself occupied without falling back to sleep :happy8: but not this time hopefully..... The scope is all set up and ready with the 21mm Ethos in the diagonal and the 5mm XW standing by ready for Jupiter :happy8:
Please feel free to add to this post as all replies will help me stay awake (I have been in bed most of the day but the body clock finds it hard to adapt after 51 years)

Have a great evening with the stars. 

I'm sure, with no moon until later, its going to be a clear night and the wonders will keep your attention and prevent you feeling sleepy. 

Yeah, don't be late to the airport and have a Safe flight.

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good luck Shaun, hope the skies stay clear. Don't fall asleep at the eyepiece and miss the flight!..... ;) 

You may jest Stu but this nearly did happen 2 years ago :happy6:, fortunately I didn't miss the flight but boy was it a close run thing.... In my panic I left the phone on the back seat of the taxi ..... I got a few tuts and shaking heads aimed at me when I finally got on the plane ..... 

2 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Have a great evening with the stars. 

I'm sure, with no moon until later, its going to be a clear night and the wonders will keep your attention and prevent you feeling sleepy. 

Yeah, don't be late to the airport and have a Safe flight.

I really really really don't like flying, it frightens the pants off me :happy8: I am not that fond of heights at the best of times. On one occasion I had to have the Manchester eye stopped to let me off ..... more hisses and tuts.

10 minutes ago, Piero said:

Have fun in Verona! :) It's a lovely city! 

Thank you .... Yes the famous balcony. My works HQ is very close by so i get to go a couple of times every year.

7 minutes ago, John said:

Jupiter is looking nice here too but it's a bit hazy for much else :rolleyes2:

I assume that you did not use GOTO fo find Jupiter ? :grin:

John .... Laziness has got the better of me, in my defense the mount used Jupiter as the alignment target :color: all four ducks in a row tonight too.

Hows does the AZ pro compare to a minitower? I used to have a minitower and really rated that (wished I hadn't sold it in some ways). Have a good nights viewing and enjoy Verona!

10 minutes ago, Marki said:

Hows does the AZ pro compare to a minitower? I used to have a minitower and really rated that (wished I hadn't sold it in some ways). Have a good nights viewing and enjoy Verona!

Mark thank you very much.

This is the first Ioptron I have owned so I cannot comment really, I think the capacity on the Pro is greater.
It is the most accurate goto mount I have owned for both alignment and tracking. The weight and built in battery are also useful .... tbh I could rattle on about its positives for days :happy8:The only negative is the cost !!!

The seeing is not bad at all at the moment, I can clearly see the Ring through the 21mm (even Faulksy would be pleased with this) !!! I do love these Ethos, I am just looking around Delta2 Lyrae and the differing star colours are magnificent :happy8:

Well I manged to stay awake and I had a great night of observing, it got a tad hazy around 1:30 but hey I cant complain I must have bagged at least hundred doubles and many coloured stars. 
Thanks for the replies guys, its a pity I cant take the kit to Italy with me ... addio / ciao :happy8:

Archived