Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

sharpcap v.3

Hi,

Am running v3.0 but have not really used it much. Seems stable enough. I have subscribed but, once again, not yet had chance to test advanced features. I agree, for 10GBP annually it's a no brainer really.

I haven't been able to try the P.A tool yet, but here nothing but how good and accurate it is, I'm not sure it will work for me as I use a skywatcher st80 as a guider scope, and that's well above the 200mm rwcomendwd size, don't spouse anyone has tried it yet with an 80?

Sharpcap 3 is very good.  Polar Alignment is a minor miracle.  Worth the subscription alone...... just add up the amount of time you waste just 'guessing' at  +/- 5 arc minutes  accuracy.

This programme nails it in about 2 minutes.  Have not looked at the stacking feature yet.... that seems equally as useful.

Also the guy who wrote it ( Robin ) is an excellent chap who patiently talked me through getting a PG mono cam  to work.  Top marks all round.

Sean.

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:03, darknight said:

I haven't been able to try the P.A tool yet, but here nothing but how good and accurate it is, I'm not sure it will work for me as I use a skywatcher st80 as a guider scope, and that's well above the 200mm rwcomendwd size, don't spouse anyone has tried it yet with an 80?

Hi,  

I tried it with an ST80 and 0.5 focal reducer and it worked fine.  I'm now now using a 50mm  finderguider.  I only changed due to seize of ST80. .

Doug

Archived