SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

finderscope upgrade...

On my UTA I have a 9x50 orion RACI post-17934-0-34813500-1376418486_thumb.jpg...which is fine and dandy, but since using it under dark skies along with Uranometrian I'm starting to struggle a little with the location of fainter stars for finding even fainter Galaxies...I recently read that the ideal finderscope coupled with Urano is a 11x70...I think this is it...https://www.kwtelescope.com/takahashi-11x70-finder.html...is this the only 11x70 out there or should I upgrade to little a Frac?...say a W.O.66mm

suggestions pls..

I'd think it's kind of depend how rigorous your requirement is, e.g. do you need to have it illuminated? do you need the cross-hair?  does it has to be exactly 11x70? how about 11x60? ro 12x80?

Going to 60mm makes a considerable difference over 50mm. I certainly have very few issues finding objects with my Altair 10x60.  The 80mm would be a nice upgrade though - The only issue is that you're going to have much less FOV.

Archived