Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Circle T's

jetstream

Nice collection. I will keep my eyes opennfor a 7mm.

I had a 4mm but let it go. Hardly used and not so comfortable when used.

If your about an available 25mm please give me a shout. 

Regards

52 minutes ago, Rick_It said:

Kasai sold also some Circle-T Erfle in the long focal lenghts. If I'm correct a 20-25-32mm were available.

post-213496-0-52569600-1443792085.jpg

I used to have a Kasai / Circle-T 32mm Erfle in the 1.25" format. I rather naively thought that it would deliver a wider apparent field than a plossl of the same focal length but it didn't of course because of the limitations of the 1.25" barrel size :rolleyes2:

It was a nice eyepiece to use in the F/10 refractor that I had at that time though.

On 4/28/2017 at 02:57, jetstream said:

The collection is growing... with 2 more on the way. Anyone know what fl's were available? I will need a 7mm... I'm hoping to bino the 9mm's for lunar next time round.

circle t's 002.JPG

Lovely Gerry.

I had the 6,7,9,12.5, and 18, and a year ago sold them all with the exception of the 18mm, which I love, in pursuit of widefield eyepieces. In retrospect I wish I had kept them, as they are special.Apart from the 18mm I have kept the MRG 7 & 10.5, just, having parted with them and then luckily was given the option to buy them back. If the University Optics V/T's came up I would definitely go for them, but that seldom happens.

I used to have a set of the University VT's as well. I sometimes wish I'd held onto those although, personally, I felt the more recent designs such as the Baader GO's and Fujiyamas have a slight edge in performance, if not ergonomics.

When you used to be able to buy the Circle-T orthos for around £25 apiece they were undoubtedly fantastic value :icon_biggrin:

On 2017-05-10 at 14:00, Saganite said:

Lovely Gerry.

Thanks Steve, I really do like these eyepieces and I think 2 more came today, from Grumpymartian- I'll know soon tonight. The performance of these eyepieces amaze me- I don't need anything else if we get right down to it- except a couple of widefields.

On 2017-05-10 at 14:12, John said:

personally, I felt the more recent designs such as the Baader GO's and Fujiyamas have a slight edge in performance, if not ergonomics.

I have never used a BGO so I can't comment on them but the performance of these Circle T's against a couple of KK's and Taks reveals that all these eyepieces are very close. The KK's might have a bit of sample variation, all the Tani's are consistently good as are the Taks. I don't want to seem contrary John but these VT Circle T's seem just as sharp and scatter controlled as the others mentioned. They do have a bit different tone to them, object depending.

Personally, I like and respect the fact that Tani inspected and assembled and marketed some very good glass at a price that belies the quality given.

26 minutes ago, jetstream said:

...Personally, I like and respect the fact that Tani inspected and assembled and marketed some very good glass at a price that belies the quality given.

Interesting one that. Although I've read about this many times I've sometimes felt slightly sceptical that one person was responsible for all the Circle-T eyepieces that were made :icon_scratch:

If it had been a range with limited production volumes such as the Supermono's it would make sense but there must be tens of thousands of Circle-T's around the world. They have been on sale since well before I was in the hobby 35+ years ago, every dealer here always seemed to have good stocks of them and their production stopped only relatively recently.

Archived