Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wixey gauge

Damn, I didn't know there was a program with all of that info incorporated, that would make using the Wixey as a PushTo so much easier than faffing about trying to input RA and DEC coordinates to a website.

I actually messaged the SkEye Developer yesterday to see if this is something they could incorporate in to their app, if not I'll just have to invest in SkySafari.  Thanks @Stu :-)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BeerMe said:

Damn, I didn't know there was a program with all of that info incorporated, that would make using the Wixey as a PushTo so much easier than faffing about trying to input RA and DEC coordinates to a website.

I actually messaged the SkEye Developer yesterday to see if this is something they could incorporate in to their app, if not I'll just have to invest in SkySafari.  Thanks @Stu :-)

Have you tried Stellarium? It's free and will give similar info?

I still think SkySafari is much better, but you can find this info in free apps

IMG_0630.PNG

I had considered the Wixey some Years back, but so far not fully tempted, even my phone app has something similar! 
Like most equipment, Telrad's, Tele Vue's, whatever, I will buy an item if there's an interest, as you won't know until I try.

I think there's enough information here for me to avoid the Wixey device. :hmh:

Hi,

I Tend to use the alt az coordinates given by either Mobile Observatory or Sky Safari but free programs such as Stellarium will do the same. As I sqid though your base meeds to be level and the time qnd location needs to be accurate and make sure you use the current time as some apps freeze the time and coordinates once the object is selected.

CHeers

Archived