Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up ! Vixen 102.

On ENS, beautiful achro, just under f9.5. Had mine about 5 years and love it dearly. These were made by folk who cared about producing scopes that performed. Anyone sitting on the fence should pour over this review,

https://www.astromart.com/reviews/article.asp?article_id=84

old Nick.

The old gal !

IMG_4718.thumb.JPG.bd71f7970f395c2af15d35de72c3a6fa.JPGIMG_4719.JPG.fe738634219c7ce9daea89775f81731b.JPGIN BINO MODE.

1 hour ago, cotterless45 said:

Comm'on , this is a proper scope, with a small diagonal mirror. Stars appeared as round coloured marbles, not blurs !! Old fracted Nick.

Nick if I did not already have my Frac I would be grabbing this.  The price is a steal, it would make a great 1st and last scope for someone :) 

I wish I knew what I know now.......:cry:

My first "proper" frac was a Vixen SP102M. Mine was badged as Bresser and had an all black trim but it was identical to the SP102M and a lovely scope. It came complete with a Vixen SP mount and the very early Skysensor GOTO handset - 1952 epoch !

My current Vixen ED102SS is a very similar except shorter and with a 63mm focuser.

Archived