Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Golden Jellyfish

andyo

Data for this was mainly taken during March. 

Ha      10 x 600

O111  10 x 600

S11    10 x 600

There was not much O111 in this nebula so I might of been better doing a bicolour. This is quite a faint target so I am not sure if I have overdone the stretching a tad in an attempt to get the fainter detail

58e7f4cfbe003_JellyfishIC443March2017.thumb.jpg.ccb594d86f2a233dafaac52e5484129e.jpg

10 hours ago, wimvb said:

Looks great. Is there a colour gradient? Top looks red and bottom blue. Or is that just my screen?

Yes you are right there is a colour gradient, will have to look back at what caused this in the processing as I did two iterations with DBE in Pi

14 minutes ago, bob-c said:

very nice image.

bob.

Thanks bob

10 hours ago, wimvb said:

Looks great. Is there a colour gradient? Top looks red and bottom blue. Or is that just my screen?

I used a couple of iterations of gradient xterminator and I think this has resolved the gradient issue, maybe a slight compromise with a small loss of some of the faintest nebulosity but overall I think a good improvement. Thanks for pointing this gradient out Wim

much appreciated

58e8bfc71020d_JellyfishIC443March2017.thumb.jpg.0c400e6c9434c4cd3e6ae7db0e485348.jpg

I agree with Paddy-a bit more selective sharpening will really bring out the details of the veins,and channels of the head, as well as the dark structures that are quite numerous.  I love the soft,  golden hue, and you are starting to pick up the OIII envelope.  That is impressive with the amount of data you have!

Rodd

2 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Very nice Andy.  I would not be shy with the sharpening on this one.  Suspect you can get away with a little more.  Lovely image and FoV works very well.

19 minutes ago, Rodd said:

I agree with Paddy-a bit more selective sharpening will really bring out the details of the veins,and channels of the head, as well as the dark structures that are quite numerous.  I love the soft,  golden hue, and you are starting to pick up the OIII envelope.  That is impressive with the amount of data you have!

Rodd

Thanks guys.I have been working on a reprocess of this tonight concentrating on the sharpening side of it also a little less noise reduction and improving the background. I will post it tomorrow but so far I am pleased with how it is progressing,I think working on the sharpening has certainly made a good improvement to the finer detail

After being away from the monitor and returning I think the above processing has been overdone looks a bit plastic due to the amount of noise reduction and as Rodd and Paddy noted not enough sharpening plus the gradient that Wim pointed out. So I have redone it with what I hope is a better result

58ed2643c929e_JellyfishIC443March2017.thumb.jpg.f58cdbae86412c6ceb244640587ad65d.jpg

Archived