NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Fraudulent Tak on eBay - doing the rounds again

Stu

7 minutes ago, John said:

A worthwhile "heads up" I think Stu :icon_salut:

These particular ones seem to get used over and over again :rolleyes2:

Thanks John.

I only posted as it has not been on for a little while so I didn't want it catch anyone out.

24 minutes ago, triton1 said:

It seems abit daft that all the other items he's selling as well as the tak he wants 1250 for every item.Some nice ziess image stabilised binoculars  as well 1250 for those 

They are not selling anything. They just want to get your details. The e.bay accounts used have been hacked and the item photos and details are culled from sites like Astromart.

11 minutes ago, triton1 said:

It seems abit daft that all the other items he's selling as well as the tak he wants 1250 for every item.Some nice ziess image stabilised binoculars  as well 1250 for those 

If nothing else it makes them easier to spot. It is against eBay regulations to put emails in the product images inviting bids outside the payment system so they are quite easy to spot.

Isn't there a suitable insecticide for these Creepy Crawlies. I guess EBay don't have  a reliable mechanism for recognizing these thieves.  It seems EBay  disregard the Email giveaway.  

I don't  know how these callous swine sleep. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2017 at 15:54, Kropster said:

How does the scam work?

Does he expect an off-ebay cash transfer in return for ending the auction?

Exactly that. He has an email and request for payment on one of the images so is looking to buypass PayPal.

Archived