Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Used 10" Dobs are fairly rare, eh?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, John said:

Absolute bargain !

Delighted with it John.

There's only 1 of the stock eyepieces, and even that has a split in the rubber eyecup, but obviously they were secondary and are worth maybe £10 each?  Optically, the seller has assured me it is sound.

Add ~£50 for petrol (I've got a hybrid that's very economical lol) and it's a steal.  Plus, I've got family that we really should visit that stay 10 minutes away - bonus! :-)

57 minutes ago, niallk said:

Nice one - grrreat scope :thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I am glad you finally got your scope Paul and it looks like a real bargain.

Thanks gents :-)

Got a nice family day out planned now to collect it tomorrow.  Gonna have a job fitting 3 of us and the scope in the car for the journey back up the road but we'll get there, by hook or by crook!

BeerMe Nice one, I'm glad you got what you wanted.  I wouldn't worry about the lack of EP's there are often some stunning bargains to be had in that area on SGL classifieds - you can get most carried away :blush: IIRC there have been some nice Meade EP's floating around lately around 15mm put one of those with a nice SW Delux Barlow which can often be spotted for £10-£20 and you will be well set-up (not that I listen to my own advice - within 3 months I had enough EP's and astronomy filters to keep a small observatory in business!  LOL) Enjoy and Clear Skies

There are several 10" dobs on the Facebook group Secondhand Astronomy. I just bought an Orion UK VX 10 from there last week. Plenty of Sky watchers on there. The 10" aluminium Orion is so easy to handle, only 11kg. Dream to use. 

Archived