back to the summer rig again

winters gone so fast and ive not got a lot to show for it imaging wise, good DS skys have been few and far between.

sols starting to get high now so ive moved to my summer rig of ed80 bottom and 120mm top, with the ed being low it allows me to track sol for longer through the open obsy window.

not a lot different from last year apart than the ed has a go fast focuser and ive put wingnuts instead of nuts on my dove tail fixing cos it seamed like a good idea.

please post some of your riggs so we can have a gander.  clear skys , charl.

DSC09928.thumb.JPG.928e768b1621097f7fd088c6a9e618ba.JPG

DSC09927.thumb.JPG.fcca70c3390ea064d89d751938043c86.JPG

wing nuts.

DSC09929.thumb.JPG.d2d7be24620c94e5d251f9d9488cb892.JPG

thanks Doug, its all my astro kit in one room,  it is a bit messy from time to time but I know where everything is and 9 times outa 10 I can find it in the dark, the misses is on stricked understanding not to attempt to tidy up in there, I wouldn't be able to find anything if she did. clear skys, charl.

I've just pulled my rig apart to set it up for galaxies.

Replaced the TS flattener on the 130 with an APM Riccardi 0.75 reducer so I can get either M81/82 or the Leo Triplet on the 694, and I'll be replacing the 80mm with the Meg 90 / reducer and 1600 for Markarian's Chain.

May buy a TS 0.79 reducer for the Meg to replace the WO AFRIV, and get a set of ZWO LRGB filters for the wheel, so Astrodon 3nm Ha, Astronomik CLS-CCD as L, and ZWO RGB.

The Megrez 90 will piggy-back on the Photoline 130.

You're a bit late Dave, I've had the WO110FLT set up on M81 /M82 for a couple of weeks, not that i've actually gathered much data so you ain't missed much :grin:

Been waiting for some Astrodon NB filters for a while, wouldn't have thought there'd be a shortage of them considering the price.

Dave

Yeah, I know.

Been holding out for some last minute data on the Rosette but gave up, likewise I've had my APM / Riccardi since Astrofest but only just now put it in the focuser of the 130. Thought I had it set up, but got the spacing wrong, only just received the correct spacer from Astrograph just now.

Being at work during the day I've had to wait for weekends to do any work outside, it's only just getting light enough when I get home now.

On 15/03/2017 at 10:17, Davey-T said:

You're a bit late Dave, I've had the WO110FLT set up on M81 /M82 for a couple of weeks, not that i've actually gathered much data so you ain't missed much :grin:

Been waiting for some Astrodon NB filters for a while, wouldn't have thought there'd be a shortage of them considering the price.

Dave

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=123775

I've been extremely tempted to put these on my credit card lately. 

If you buy them, my temptation will be removed and I shall be forever in your debt 

And in any case I use 3nm filters!

Have you seen how much 50mm dia Astrodons are in 3nm :eek:?

Bread and cheese for the next 6 months. And not the artisan stuff either, Mother's Pride and mouse-trap chedder.

Archived