NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Belt to Sword @ 135mm f2

Uranium235

Well, what a surprise (not!) it just so happens to be a full moon on the first clear night in nearly three months!

So, to make the most of the limited time available I used the 135mm f2 Samyang to grab the scrag-end of Orion, I pretty much guided it into the ground and got just two hours worth before it dipped below the houses. But Im not being too fussy as its my first time out in ages :)

Just done a quick process, and blended in the M42 from the Star71 version of this to crisp it up a bit more. For two hours... not bad. I've identified a continuing issue regarding play in the EOS to M48 adaptor, which needs sorting out with maybe with a dedicated tube ring for the lens. I know its that becuase when I twiddle the guidescope ring screws the slight tilt switches from one side to the other so I need something to hold it steady a little better (or get an bayonet adaptor which has been machined for a better fit).

12x600 (Ha)

NEQ6, Atik 383L+, Samyang 135mm @f2

Thanks for looking! :)

32564415704_2ca6eb57b6_k.jpg

I know what you mean mate, it was very bright out there last night. No need for a torch, I could have sat there and read the newspaper if I wanted to!

With a bit of luck I might get out again later, I want to test the 85Ah powerstation I got last week so its ready to take out on the road next week. Should be alright to run the setup for at least 5 hours without any serious voltage drop.

Thanks guys! :)

Unfortunately, it looks like no session tonight. There are a few stars out there, but the sky is just a sack of mush and the Moon is now rising - so I think I might give it a miss... unless by some unlikely miracle it clears up in the next hour or so.

1 hour ago, Shibby said:

Nice one Rob, plenty there considering the full moon. I actually have an EOS adapter that I've never used :embarrassed: Must remedy that!

If its the TS one, you might get the same issue with a heavy lens - best to support it with a guidescope ring or something else.

42 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

If its the TS one, you might get the same issue with a heavy lens - best to support it with a guidescope ring or something else.

It's the Geoptik one - not sure if that's any better. Planned to try it out with the 50mm prime...

1 hour ago, Gedan said:

That's come out really well! the Samyang 135 seems to be a great bit of kit?

Thanks :) I'll be taking it out on the road again tonight, hopefully the evening will remain cloud-free so I can continue my quest for IFN.

Archived