Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Genuine Orthos vs Classic for HA

Have been considering a 6mm ortho for my new Lunt LS50THa scope and as the BGOs are hard to come by thought the Classic orthos would be the obvious choice but after reading up on the BCO the field stop doesn't seem to be as well defined and there's more light scatter.

Anyone used the BCO for HA?

Then there is the Fujiyama HD orthos but they are more expensive but supposedly equivent to the BGO.

John

I tried the 6mm Baader Classic Ortho other day in the Lunt50 but the seeing was bad and it was even difficult to work out if the eyepiece was in focus.  6mm in the Lunt 50 gives too higher magnification for useful viewing.  8mm is a stretch at the best of times, a 15mm & 11mm are where its at in this scope. 

2 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Hi John I use a pair of 18mm in my pst mod and find them excellent.  I  fact I have just bought a 10mm and first impressions suggest I'll be buying another to make a pair

Thanks for the info.  :icon_salut:

In the brief looks possible today tried the 5mm X-cel LX and it was a bit too much but the 7mm was very good but felt a 6mm would work. The Feather Touch definately made focusing easier at higher powers compared to the stock focuser.

Forecast is for clear skies tomorrow so hopefully will be able to get a better feel for max mag using the LXs.

John

There are always the Astro Hutech range that FLO sell, John reviewed them some time back and felt they were much the same as BGO's, maybe even from the same outlet in Japan. I have a mix of Hutech and BGO making up my 6 from 5mm up to 18mm, nice eyepieces I give them a thumbs up.

Alan

19 minutes ago, alan potts said:

There are always the Astro Hutech range that FLO sell, John reviewed them some time back and felt they were much the same as BGO's, maybe even from the same outlet in Japan. I have a mix of Hutech and BGO making up my 6 from 5mm up to 18mm, nice eyepieces I give them a thumbs up.

Alan

Yes I'm aware of them but unfortunately FLO only has the 4mm left and the cost of importing one works out at more than the UK price of the Fujiyama.  

John

22 hours ago, johninderby said:

Yes I'm aware of them but unfortunately FLO only has the 4mm left and the cost of importing one works out at more than the UK price of the Fujiyama.  

John

John,

Sorry I was not aware that FLO had stopped hold a full range of stock, the 4mm is a bit tight on ER I would think.

Alan

Archived