Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"updated" have a play with my first HA image.

xtreemchaos

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Steve, its 580 mb, drop what I wouldnt know where to start:happy7:. is it a cloud app what lets you put stuff online? I'm on clockwork internet here. charl. 

Clockwork might not work.

Try hamster power :laugh:

thanks Steve,lol, our local switch station hasn't been upgraded since 1994 it still has phisycal switching, so it makes uploading large files a nightmare, but thay said it could be brought upto date sometime this year "fingercrossed" thay have been laying fiberopitic cable down our street this last week, but for now I have very basic broadsdband not a lot better than dialup.  charl.

Hey Charles, I kept it simple with processing on your original. Yours looks great.

I like how you didn't over sharpen it on your original, but I find that getting the right balance of sharpening to noise varies with the image and debatable based on personal opinion.

Also, people looking at smaller monitors see the images different then with people with larger computer monitors. I have a large monitor and noise shows up easily.

You can go up incrementally with very little sharpening with the unsharpen mask. It is my new favorite processing tool.  

Everyone's tastes are different! Thanks for sharing your images and you have quite the selection of refractors to use with that quark!

Regards.

58b19a6febe14_solha24-2-16rrhist.png.8c0dadcf17e036ad6c6867930ec827d3.png

thanks Tyson, that looks very good indeed mate, you have controlled the noise very well without any loss of detail. well done.

I know what you mean about monitors the difference between my laptop and 4k processing rig is wide, what looks good on one looks totally diff on the other.

I enjoy seeing what others can do with my data , its a good learning tool for me and hopefully for others too.  clear skys, charl.

You can save that image I posted or use your own, go into GIMP (GIMP is free P.S!) and go to the top: Filters/enhance/ to go the bottom use unsharpen mask -middle slider set value to 0.05 or 0.10 iterations and go with those iterations and just repeat it as little or as much as necessary. Then when you're done:  file- export as to whatever file format you want (jpeg, Png,Tiff ect)

I do this at my last step- after RS6 wavelets and corresponding noise reduction value on lunar.

For solar, sometimes RS6 sharpens too aggressively with low values for wavelets, but GIMP and/or ImPPG work great. 

With solar, the processing is very diverse I find.

Regards

thanks Tyson, ive got gimp on my Pc, Ill give the data a run through tomorrow, ive had it ages and only us it to do gif animation, thanks for the tips.

ive some raire clear skys outside at the moment, I'm going to go see whats out there, Leo is well placed, so maybe a few galaxys to grab.  charl 

Archived