Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm a little bit in love with...

Cjg

Well it is Valentine's Day.

Not spent masses of time with my new 9mm Nagler and this time around it is the latest a Type 6, but it's a keeper for sure and even better the second time around!

In October 2015 I had the pleasure of purchasing from @Moonshane his early version 9mm Nagler; the views were magnificent, literally breathtaking and not long after the purchase Moonshane asked that if I ever planned to sell it, to give him 1st refusal...(one of the benefits of buying from a fellow SGL member)...at the time I remember thinking "from my cold dead hands" but as it was both a 2 inch and a 1/14 fitting, it weighed a hefty amount, and each time I swapped it out from my Panoptic or Plossl, I had to rebalance the scope on it's Porta11 mount. That got to be a bit of a "faff" each and every time, especially with cold, gloved hands and so when the chance came to buy an earlier 1/14 7mm Nagler that was lighter in weight, I jumped at the chance and Moonshane got his 9mm Nagler back...(I think he's since sold it again!).

The 7mm though lighter was just a little too dark for my Tak 76, I missed the 9mm which for me was just "perfect" in views and brightness on viewing.  Took a while but I bought new from Greenwitch (who were excellent) at slightly less than the listed price. 

We've probably had only about 10 hours together, but what can I say? Pinpoint stars against a dark black sky, stars sharp to the edge of the view! M42 / M43 is majestic. I used the 9mm to hunt and successfully find M79 for the first time, that 82 degrees makes it easier in the hunt to find those objects. I particularly like that the rubber eye cup is a harder rubber compound than on the panoptic, the eyecup is easier to take off and put on more easily, especially with cold hands.

Being 1/14 inch only, the eyepiece is lighter and there's no time wasted re-balancing the scope when I swap eyepieces...Nirvana!

Clear skies!

Chris

IMG_1813.JPG

post-13811-0-00759500-1446033850_thumb.jpg

Archived