Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan coordinates

Hi,

just got a synscan hand controller and I'm befuddled about how to enter my long Lat coordinates as I can't work out how to enter a minus value?

my numbers are longitude. -1 8 30.98 and my latitude is 52 36 58.07  be great full if anyone can help? Also I'm assuming daylight saving should be no and time zone 0000 

thaks in advance

First check the longitude, I think -18 is putting you in the middle of the Atlantic :hmh:.

001 30W 52 36N will put you about 14 miles north of Coventry, near to Sheepy Magna - is this correct?

I think the format you need is longitude first 000 degrees, 00 minutes followed by W or E, then latitude 00 degrees 00 minutes followed by N or S.

Also remember the date is American format Month Day Year. You are correct with the time.

I think you'll find minus longitude is west of the meridian and should be be entered as such and latitude should be north.

You are correct re daylight saving being no and time zone 0000.

Good luck, you'll soon get the hank of it once you've set up a couple of times. I recently set my scope up for the first time and found as long as I took my time I didn't have any problems.

Patrick replied as I was composing my reply and makes a good point re checking your longitude.

1 hour ago, skysculptor said:

Hi,

just got a synscan hand controller and I'm befuddled about how to enter my long Lat coordinates as I can't work out how to enter a minus value?

my numbers are longitude. -1 8 30.98 and my latitude is 52 36 58.07  be great full if anyone can help? Also I'm assuming daylight saving should be no and time zone 0000 

thaks in advance

Enter 001 08 w , 52 37 n as your cordinates in that order and format.

Hi guys

sorry for late replys , thank you all very much , I got my coordinates from the find a point website  dropped a pin right on my house , I'm actually in Leicester  think I got it now with all your help 001 08 w and 52 37 N I'll give it a go soon as there's a star to be seen!

Archived