Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Websites where I can find used dslr

Or, being in India find a cheap camera locally and mod it yourself,  some guides on the net if you search try this one, diy instructions from the top menu, its the one I used and all went well I am pleased to say.  Remember you may only need to remove the filter for astro, not always necessary to replace, so no other expense unless you muckup and no difficult parts to source, most problems seem to be with ribbon cables breaking or not reseating.

Try 'Camera Jungle', a used camera exchange owned by Jessops (a quality UK camera retailer). I recently paid £250 for a "used" Nikon D5200 body described as "in 'mint' condition". Frankly, I doubt if it had previously left it's box as most parts were still in their original sealed packaging. I suspect it was clearance stock or ex-demo (see paragraph below). It was immaculate, and was delivered in 48 hours. I can't recommend Camera Jungle more highly. 12 month warranty etc.

Works superbly with Backyard Nikon or Digicamcontrol.com APPS.  You can buy quality DSLR'S at Camera Jungle for under £100. But avoid cheaper Nikon that don't have compatibility with such software (unless run in Vista SP2 compatibility mode!) and don't have a "live view" feature. Canon EOS is better bet at the budget end.

By contrast, a brand new Nikon D5300 body (its successor) is £409. Admittedly the new model does have WiFi/GPS built in, but I reckon that isn't worth the extra  £160.

Archived