Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some sketches from last year

johnfosteruk

One to start with, while getting organised, I'm scanning my sketches from last year. This one is the full moon on September 16th last year.

It was rather rushed and probably a bad idea taking on so much detail. Also it was a bad choice of paper, but it shows the main features visible at 90x with the 10mm in the 130 newtonian and in the interests of full disclosure it'll do for a first post. I'll be sharing some more once they're scanned.

Full Moon 16-09-16.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ones John. All this posting of sketches is making me feel guilty that I stopped sketching the sun in white light. I did a few good ones, must do more.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours now.

Just now, Moonshane said:

Very nice John. I find this art slightly intimidating but also it spurs me on to Improve / advance from dots and smudges.

You have a rather moody style I think :happy11:

I'm flattered that you say I have any kind of style. Prior to taking up the astronomy again as an adult the last time I put any form of medium to paper was 3rd year art project a thousand years ago. Started sketching last year as I read it improves observation skills and boy is that right. BUT I wouldn't say I have any kind of style, other than dots and smudges perhaps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived