Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

135mm mosaic Monkey head to Horsehead

This mosaic of 13 images took just 2 nights to gather the data, it took almost the same time to process.

I think it counts as wide field as it's taken with my 135mm lens on a modified 1200d.

I also used a CLS filter and my Star Discovery Alt-az mount. Each image is 45x45s at 1600 ISO.

Monkey head to Horsehead mosaic. 

Nige.

monkeytohorsemosaic1.jpg

I found creating this mosaic very interesting and looked forward to processing the previous nights work .

Every image of the 13 had several interesting objects in which added to the eagerness, this mosaic has shown me first hand just how much is out there, this is a small section of our sky taken from a light polluted town with basic mount and camera. What a top notch camera and mount in a dark spot would show.

Until I took these images I really didn't know how rich our sky was. Only a few days ago I was scratching my head wondering what to target next, just from this I have half a dozen targets to aim for with my scope. 

Thanks for your kind replies. 

HNY & clear sky's 

Nige.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I like that and its great to see it all fitted together...... Are you going to fill in the gaps? :)

Sara, yes I have plans to fill in gaps at least,  but with the Moon and British weather. Clear moonless nights are rare ?

Nige.

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted this image to "The Astro imaging channel" for image of the week and it was only chosen last week :) I never thought it would.

Never say never.

First minute of the video features the image.

Nige.

Archived