NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Quattro 10 CF focuser advice

Hi again, another newbie question. 

I bought a used Skywatcher Quattro 10" CF ota.  In the future I intend on some astrophotography but currently i'm interested in visual.

Regarding the focuser, it did not come with any accessories, only the 2" focuser itself...and all of my EPs are 1 1/4".

I bought a 2" to 1 1/4" twistlock adaptor and tried a meade 32mm plossl. I seemingly could not get close to focus.

This did not really suprise me as the scope is primarily intended for imaging.

Is it correct for me to assume that I require a 55mm extension tube/spacer to be able to reach focus on the eyepiece? If so, would a 50mm spacer maybe work?

Many Thanks for any info.

Move your focuser to max outward position with an EP in the focuser, then losen the EP in the focuser and slowly pull the EP out of the focuser further out to see if you can attain focus with the EP. With care you can move it out until the image is in focus, and you can see how much extra outward focus you might need. More than likely a 50mm extension piece will suffice though.

Archived