Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image of the day Astrobin

astroavani

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, astroavani said:

Yes CraigT82, really the difference in altitude is a big advantage in my favor. In this photo I believe it was between 60/65 degrees and for high resolution photography the higher the better the better the lower the turbulence is the atmospheric dispursion.

Still, altitude is just one factor of many. Your hard earned skill with your instrument and your software is highly evident and extremely admirable! 

• 2 weeks later...

astroavani, Your images are truly inspiring to me a young budding astrophotographer. It is a goal to have my images look like yours once I get larger equipment. Currently I have a long way to go! ? My best image is down under, it focuses on the Clavius crater and was taken on December 22 2016 through my telescope.moon5 processed.jpg

Hello A budding astronomer!
Really 114mm is little aperture for high resolution photos, even then there are things to improve on your photo.
I suggest converting to black and white initially which improves a lot.
Another thing is to check the collimation of the telescope and make several captures by changing the focus because usually one of them gets better.
Gradually you will see which parameters offer the best result.
Use AS! 2 to stack if you are not already using it.
Best regards!

Avani, another cracker sir. Don't care what Neil says about altitude :) these images are terrific and part of that is due to your sympathetic processing, your framing, the composition and exposure settings - that's where the skill is and you have it.

Avani, one thing is for sure, your Lunar Images, and those of Neil and others of course, are ensuring that
the moon remains a very popular target for Astro. Imagers. To reach the quality attained by you guys is
a challenge indeed, but you are providing the Incentive with your extraordinary  and such beautiful sights of the Lunar surface.
I don't think the Lunar Astronauts got to see it so well.
Congratulations on your success, to say it's well deserved in an understatement indeed.
Superb stuff :icon_salut::icon_salut:.

Archived