Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyTee-2 mount

laudropb

I just bought a SkyTee-2 mount to use with a Skywatchers 120 Ed. I set it up yesterday, but was amazed that no instructions come with the mount. It was a bit like doing a jigsaw using a photo of the mount. However all went well apart from the fact that when the scope was pointed up above about 20 degrees it started to slip . I tried balancing it by moving the scope up and down the mounting plate, but to no avail. Is there any way to tighten the altitude bearings to help prevent this ?

1 hour ago, brantuk said:

Do a search for "Johninderby Skytee" and you'll see what this mount is capable of with a little bit of tweaking. Here's one with a few pics. He's also had it on a goto equatorial mount iirc:

I may do the mod to use the other end of the Skytee rather than use the top mounting plate. Would balance the mount out better, and make the scopes easier to use. 

which 'puck' are you using? if the top mounted then i had this issue also - the assembly wasn't tightened enough, had to turn the whole ring+puck so screwed in tighter - took me ages to work out. Best way to check i found was unscrew the end cap part (loosen the black grub screws) then check that sits tight. Also check the wing nut that locks the top assembly to the clutch is tight enough. Hope that makes sense

from what I recall you can tighten it without removing end cap, make sure its tight but no need to overtighten. I found you can mount it one side and will stay tight as its same way as thread tightens if that makes sense? care not to strip the grubs, then only need to be finger tight at most. good luck and shout if need help

Archived