Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter on 4.12.2016 with ASI120mm and 224mc

Pete Presland

Pretty poor conditions again on Sunday morning, but a clear sky is a clear sky! The first two images are with the ASI120mm, the last is with the ASI224mc, both with the C9.25.

The 120mm images are with a x1.8 Barlow, 7.5 mins de-rotated in Winjupos, Clumsily enlarged and processed in C/S2

The 224mc images are with a x3 Barlow, 10,000 frames, lightly processed in C/S2

Very impressed with the frame rates of the 224mc, but I think I prefer monochrome RGB imaging to be honest.

2016.12.04 7.5mins derotated.png2016.12.04 06.37 7.5mins RGB.png2016.12.04 06.51 OSC.png

Some nice detail in the ASI120mm image Pete.

My colour images with the ASI224MC leave a lot to be desired at the moment, I seem to be getting more detail using the IR filter.  Hopefully everything will improve when the 'good' seeing comes along !

Angie

3 hours ago, U Cyg said:

Some nice detail in the ASI120mm image Pete.

My colour images with the ASI224MC leave a lot to be desired at the moment, I seem to be getting more detail using the IR filter.  Hopefully everything will improve when the 'good' seeing comes along !

Angie

I use a I/R filter as well which I read was essential for the 224mc.

1 hour ago, si@nite said:

I agree some great detail coming through in the rgb shots Pete!

Agreed the RGB images do look the best, I have more confidence using the 120mm mono camera than the 224mc OSC.

17 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

The first shot is clearly showing the most detail isn't it Pete. Some good detail coming through on that.

Have you tired a ADC ? going to be using one very soon myself

Not got a ADC at the moment because I haven't decided whether I am going continue with the 224mc. 

1 hour ago, bunnygod1 said:

I use a I/R filter as well which I read was essential for the 224mc.

Agreed the RGB images do look the best, I have more confidence using the 120mm mono camera than the 224mc OSC.

Not got a ADC at the moment because I haven't decided whether I am going continue with the 224mc. 

I have the a.s.h. type ADC pete, not sure i noticed much difference in rgb, maybe tightens the blue channel up a little, but it makes a big difference with colour cams when correctly set!

Archived