NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wreck of the Edro III, Sea Caves, Paphos

A couple of shots from my recent trip to Cyprus, this great wreck is the Edro III which was 83 meter long and 2,517 ton freighter, it went aground in December 2011 and is very close to the shore.

All single shots on my 1Dx shooting with my Tamron 15-30 f2.8 - EXIF f3.2, 30 Seconds and ISO 64,000

Boaty.jpg

14 hours ago, ultranova said:

Quite  surreal pictures, not something you see every day on SGL
in fact I think its the first time I have seen a boat with the milky way in the back drop.
Paul

Thanks Paul, this was my second trip to Cyprus, I was really impressed with the dark skies on the first visit I knew to get anything interesting I would need to get out of the built up areas. The wreck is to the North of the Paphos in the Akamas Peninsula and due to the rugged nature you not allowed to take hire cars into the area. I found a local guide who had never been asked to do a special astro tour and he was more than happy to take me into the area. A couple more shots...

This is about 20 minutes after sunset, I was amazed at how quickly the Milky Way visible, a great view of Venus, I particularly liked the amount of colour left in the sky. This was taken above Lara beach on, which is famous for its turtles, the area was known as the sea caves, but it was really difficult to get the caves in the shot...

JFBX2646-small.jpg

A landscape version of the above.

JFBX2651-small.jpg

A quick plug for Andreas at Ecotour  Adventures, who did me an amazing deal and got me to where I wanted to go - http://www.ecotouradventures.com.cy/

JFBX2657-small.jpg

JFBX2658-small.jpg

Another shot to the North, great clear view of Andromeda M31 and  Pleiades M45 - not a light to be seen, the Akamas is around 230 sq km and there is not a lot of light pollution...

JFBX2647-small.jpg

Looking up - single shot, 1Dx with Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 - single shot, 15mm, ISO 6,400, f2.8, 30" Seconds

JFBX2650-small.jpg

A final shot of the wreck, while I was only out for a couple of hours getting hold of a local guide who had the right vehicle to get into the locations and knew where to go was key to the success.

A big thank you to Andreas at Ecotour Adventures Cyprus for his help in getting this one off my bucket list of shots...

JFBX2664-small.jpg

Archived