Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

anyone using touch screen laptop

1 minute ago, geordie85 said:

I don't use a touch screen laptop bit have you tried finding a decent sized cardboard box to keep your laptop in to keep away the dew? that's what I use and it's fantastic. Not a drop of dew even after a whole nights imaging session 

thanks its also when i come from the cold outside to warm inside as well

Just now, iwols said:

thanks its also when i come from the cold outside to warm inside as well

I don't get any dew bringing it back in either, even when the heating has been on all day. Cardboard is surprisingly good at retaining heat, that's why homeless people use it to sleep on.

The outside of the box is dripping wet but the inside and laptop are fine

I use a surface pro to guide and it sometimes messes about a bit with the touch screen trying to resize, scroll stellarium so I went and got a bluetooth mouse, now its just the mouse that messes about a bit but at least I dont lose where I am etc in stellarium any more

I'm so used to using touch screen smart phones, that when i bought my laptop i rang my nephew (my IT guru) and told him it wasnt working. I'd only been trying to use the laptop as a touch screen one. 

:iamwithstupid:

On topic.......yes cardboard is a great insulator. If you use the type that has a shiny coating......all the better.

4 hours ago, geordie85 said:

I don't use a touch screen laptop bit have you tried finding a decent sized cardboard box to keep your laptop in to keep away the dew? that's what I use and it's fantastic. Not a drop of dew even after a whole nights imaging session 

I don't have a touch screen either. But my laptop is on a tilt tray, and that is mounted to a swivel base. If I'm going to leave it outside and do my imaging from inside, I cover it with a plastic storage bin and make sure the bin is propped up a bit for the fans exhaust to freely blow.

Then when I pack in for the night, the laptop goes back to its regular spot and duties.

My use for the swiveling base is so I can aim the screen at my mount when adjusting focus. (I sorely wish for an electric focuser.)

Archived