Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus on 25/11/16

mikeDnight

After collecting my grandson from school this afternoon I noticed that Venus was visible in the south west. From my site its position in the sky was just above the tree tops but I thought an easy daylight observation might produce a reasonable view. Sadly the seeing was terrible but I persevered for a while and was just able to detect some possible cloud top detail, but it was far from easy.

Mike

2016-11-25 17.06.24.jpg

43 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Great skerch.I've just been out to try and image Venus. The atmospheric dispersion really is terrible! 

I was hoping that taking a look in daylight would have eased the problem but it didn't. looking on the bright side, it can only get better from here on! :icon_biggrin: 

Mike

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

..... looking on the bright side...

Thats the only way with Venus ! :icon_biggrin:

Lovely sketch and observation notes Mike. I spotted Venus this evening before it dropped into the distant tree tops but did not have time to get a scope on it. It's a nice cheerful sight.

Archived