Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The weather finally got me...

Droogie 2001

Had the rather unpleasant experience of just finishing my setting up for this evening when all of s sudden it started pouring with rain. I ran inside and grabbed some black bin liners. Managed to cover the scope and CCD. 

After 30mins it stopped and I managed to bring all the kit in. The mount legs got wet and some cables but thankfully every thing else remained dry. What's annoying is that the morning TV showed that there possible rain North of me. I checked my BBC weather app and the FLO app before heading out and they both looked clear. I was only go to do some tests with my new OAG and guide camera.

First time in four years this had happened so it certainly caught me by surprise...

Most unpleasant experience - luckily, it is extremely unlikely that any harm will have been done but it is disconcerting isn't it! I am all set up and ready to roll but I'm currently on 'pause' as I monitor the now cloudy sky ........................................ grrrrrrrr

Archived