Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TeamViewer Password

Gina

I'm using TeamViewer for LAN connections only - does anyone know if it's possible to use a fixed password, or turn the password off altogether.  My LAN is fully protected from hacking and I don't need a password for TeamViewer.  Furthermore, I want to run a headless mini PC in my observatory, have TeamViewer in the startup group and be able to connect to it over the LAN.  Having a random password set up on starting is a no-no as I would need to have a display to see what it was.  I have searched through menus etc. and can't find any way to have a fixed password or (none at all).

I use teamviewer on a nano PC connected to my pier, it has teamviewer set up on it in server mode, so on my desktop in the house I open teamviewer, and click on connect and it automatically finds my Astro PC, I have a fixed 9 number code, that does not change, and a fixed password, put these in then I am connected to my pier mounted PC, so no monitor needed on that, teamviewer starts up with windows on the pier mounted PC.

it was connected to a monitor the first time to set up, then not since... :)

not sure if that is any help :)

Archived