SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Flaming Stars, Spiders, Flies, Starfishes even... (Yes, it's astro, not wildlife)

James

I did a quick (7 subs) image of the region around the Flaming Star Nebula and posted it...

... but I knew a few more subs would really help. I managed to get some over the last couple of nights. Both nights were a little murky but they were largely clear so I shouldn't complain..

This is a great region of the sky with loads of Ha objects, clusters, odd bits of nebulosity and so on and doing a slightly more widefield image allows me to capture more than one type of image at a time (value for money and all that!).

Using a modified Canon 650D through a Borg 55FL f/3.6 scope and an IDAS HEUIBB filter, 30x  200 secs (guided) here's a reworked version as there's so many objects in there I thought I'd put an annotated copy in there two (manually - can't figure out the Pixinsight way to do it...).

It's not perfect... there's artefacts in there  caused by me stacking (and keeping) some subs that were taken at an angle to the rest..a practiced eye should be able to see that :) Actually, an unpractised eye probably can too :) I really must learn how to put pictures up here that don't get brutally jpeggerised...

Oops - nearly forgot - does anyone know what the object at the top left is..? (The little red smudge...)

AURIGAIC405410.jpg

AURIGAIC405410Annotated.jpg

Archived