Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NASA ISS Video feed

JohnC64

56 minutes ago, graemlourens said:

P.s. we have been running the 'live stream' for a few days now, but it is mostly recorded loops, so not really live i have to sadly report :)

Kind regards, Graem

The ISS passes into the dark side of the earth for roughly half of each of its 90 minute orbits. As the Space Station passes into a period of night every 45 mins video is unavailable - during this time, and other breaks in transmission, recorded footage is shown . 

10 hours ago, bingevader said:

The ISS passes into the dark side of the earth for roughly half of each of its 90 minute orbits. As the Space Station passes into a period of night every 45 mins video is unavailable - during this time, and other breaks in transmission, recorded footage is shown . 

Ben, we did read that but still we are of the opinion most footage is recorded and replayed. Maybe our brains are tricking us, but we're seeing the same thing 2,3,4 times over (repeating itsself) over a course of hours.

If i look at the video now, i see exactly the same i saw 2 days ago on Monday :( It is possible though that they had a longer maintenance period or other reason to loop video for a longer while that those 45 Minutes. I'll still keep watching it because it really does make me feel being there! :)

Kind regards, Graem

Archived