Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Chances to observe.

cotterless45

I think the weather is one of those things that you've got to accept and work with. Things can only get better .Forecasts have been wildly out. Still it's been a poor show so far this year , with useful sessions recorded,

2016.....64 up to present.

Make the most of clear skies and make what you can of forecasts,

Nick.

I got out tonight with the binoculars on some nice easy clusters and such around Cassiopeia.  Forecast was for occasional rain and then cloud coming in by midnight so I didn't get the scope out, so far it's been beautifully clear and now the forecast has changed to zero cloud all night.  Oh well, call me a defeatist but I can't be bothered now, at least I got my binocular targets. :p

Thats an interesting analysis Nick.

I've not kept a record but I have to say that 2016 has not felt a productive year for observing, so far at least.

Hopefully the year will redeem itself a bit over it's last quarter and on into 2017.

Thanks for the post and helping to get things in perspective. In Alicante we have 320 clear days per year but still we complain; the seeing, the haze, the heat, the humidity, sodium vapor lamps, mosquitos... Anything will do. I'm gonna translate the thread and show these delicate astro guys down here!

Archived