Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sagittarius Region

orion25

I took a few shots of the beautiful Sagittarius region and stacked them and got a pretty satisfying wide-field shot of the area.  I identified some of the Messier objects. You can even see some wisps of the Milky Way :happy6:

ASTRONOMY - SAGITTARIUS REGION STACKED 9-04-16 CAPTION LABELS.jpg

Enjoy!

Reggie

19 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Nice image Reggie reminds me what the view from my obs'y was like before the neighbours trees grew 20 feet :hmh:

Dave

Thanks, Dave. Those big trees do get in the way. Fortunately, I have a few clear patches of sky in my backyard. Do you get to use your obs'y very much?

1 minute ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, Dave. Those big trees do get in the way. Fortunately, I have a few clear patches of sky in my backyard. Do you get to use your obs'y very much?

Yes weather permitting, got the 10"SCT in there for imaging small stuff and Solar system, bit preoccupied ATM with a new mount on a pier in the garden, more of a wide field setup so neglecting the obs'y :)

Dave

7 hours ago, orion25 said:

Sure, Pat

ASTRONOMY - SAGITTARIUS REGION STACKED 9-04-16 CAPTION.jpg

Great stuff and thanks looks even better now and imcan easily seemthe milky way coming out a bet amfew dark frames would make this great image even greater but keep up the great images  i look forward to more

pat 

14 hours ago, Tzitzis said:

Damn I would give my kidneys for such a sky! Just kidding, great pic. It's really awesome that the globs are visible as the Lagoon also!

Thanks, Tzitzis. It was a particularly great night of seeing so I took full advantage of it.  Summers here get humid and hazy, lol!

Archived