Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with Nexstar 5SE set up.

I realise I might be doing something completely stupid, but on setting up this scope, when I should be inputting the co-ordinates for where we live (Gillingham,Dorset)

The numbers do not correspond to where it says to enter them, I have too many digits ?

Any help would be very welcome.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

I realise I might be doing something completely stupid, but on setting up this scope, when I should be inputting the co-ordinates for where we live (Gillingham,Dorset)

The numbers do not correspond to where it says to enter them, I have too many digits ?

What numbers are you trying to input?

1 hour ago, Rob66 said:

Longitude -2.277885

Latitude 51.036731

It doesn't have to be so precise, input 002 27 W (or -2.27)     &    51 03 N

That should work ok, make sure you enter the date US style  mm-dd-yy and check your time is correct within a couple of minutes.

1 hour ago, Dark Lawton said:

I thought in the instutions it says set time/date and the nearest city to you not numbers

Doesn't make any difference which you use nearest City or co-ordinates will get you on track.

Go to two star align, press enter, you'll see the words custom site appear, press arrow up button which also has the word scroll down written on it, press enter, use arrow keys to scroll to Europe, press enter, scroll to city. Hope that helps

Yes - enter longitude as DDD MM SS, and latitude as DD MM SS.  The handset remembers these.  Once entered, you can check/amend the figures by pressing Align then Back, after switching on.

Rather than selecting the coords for a given place, just use a tablet app to get the exact coords for where you are, and use them.

Doug.

19 hours ago, Chris Lock said:
19 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Universal is ok

Go to two star align, press enter, you'll see the words custom site appear, press arrow up button which also has the word scroll down written on it, press enter, use arrow keys to scroll to Europe, press enter, scroll to city. Hope that helps

is it set to daylight saving still since its American universal time

1 hour ago, Dark Lawton said:

is it set to daylight saving still since its American universal time

I input no (but this is a guess). when I select no daytime saving it seems to still hit the targets with a 32mm eyepiece. 

50 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

I input no (but this is a guess). when I select no daytime saving it seems to still hit the targets with a 32mm eyepiece. 

i will have to try both daylight saving and normal time when weather gets better

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 20:38, Rob66 said:

Hi and sorry for the delay in this but your entering it in decimal points not in mins and seconds formats for lon and lat if you have a smart phone download and app called longitude it will give you ya location in the correct format there are a few other great gps long lat out there too so the you choose but some ya have to set to seconds in the setting off the app to display in the correct format you need hope this helps as you will get a better location from entering this than your closest city also theres this vis to watch

Archived