Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sketch of the moon Abenezra crater an The Great Cluster

N3ptune

Hi!

I had the chance to go outside last night to watch a few objects and do some sketching, nothing perfect here but still, it was a pleasure to spend the time outside doing it (: (with a skunk not far away from me. )

Using my Newtonian 203x1000mm on EQ5 with RA motor. Both sketch were done using my Explore Scientific 4.7mm to get 212x. (What a great eyepiece, I like it very much)

This is what I appreciated:

The Hercule Cluster.

It's not quite it but it looks like what I saw with my instrument (it's my first cluster sketch). The brightest stars are somewhat at the right place, there is nothing random with these. With my 4.7mm eyepiece, I actually can see the brightest stars inside this globular cluster and I can only see them in averted vision with less power like 55x, 30x, really interesting to put power on the great cluster, the results are astonishing. (Same story for M4 also)

rUOMLI3.jpg?1

The moon "Abenezra" crater and surrounding.

This is an attempt on the moon again, it's always a challenge to try a crater and these were beautiful for me, nice contrast and medium shades. Another great natural scene from last night.

WIKI: It is named after the Sephardic Jewish sage, poet, biblical commentator, astronomer, and astrologer Abraham ibn Ezra.

7tqAW3K.jpg?1

The last image is a picture of a double star, H IV121 close to Antares. I saw it yellow but it looks like a B class star ?

JTu2NuE.jpg

Thanks for watching

Beautiful sketches Neptune, concerning M13 did you happen to notice any gases almost connecting the outer stars from the bright centre it's apparently called the 3 blade effect?

The crater sketch is also beautiful very subtle shading.

I also really enjoy your double star sketch because for me personally I love sketching open clusters ?

Lovely report and I look forward to admiring more of your sketches ☺️

Clear skies ✨????

Richard

6 hours ago, Richard Hather said:

concerning M13 did you happen to notice any gases almost connecting the outer stars from the bright centre it's apparently called the 3 blade effect?

Hi thanks Richard, I notice definitely something in the  center of the cluster,  I thought the Gray nebulosity was a gathering of really faint stars which I am unable to see with my telescope.. so it looks like gas. I don't know. Today I looked at NGC7790 and also, this cluster seems to have a faint gas cloud inside.

Archived