Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Come on my Sun.

Yipeee, at last i managed my first solar image.

This is a single 4000/sec shot using my 100 ED pro and canon 70D, with a bit of processing and psuedo colour in PS.

Any advice very welcome.

PS, excuse the dust bunnies, camera is being returned tomorrow.

sun.png

3 hours ago, SteveBz said:

Great job Mark,

Much better than my first attempt here.

I'd love to know what your optical stack was, ie what lenses, filters, reducers etc you used.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

All i used was my SW 100ED at native FL with a Canon 70D attached.

1 hour ago, SteveBz said:

And a full size Baadar filter?

Oh yeah, a few bits of cardboard and a sheet of baader film stuck together with sticky tape, supervised by an adult for scissor work and a blue peter turorial.:icon_biggrin:

2 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Oh yeah, a few bits of cardboard and a sheet of baader film stuck together with sticky tape, supervised by an adult for scissor work and a blue peter turorial.:icon_biggrin:

But that's the thing, yours still looks almost like an H  alpha shot, whereas mine looks like a Blue Peter job with Shep the dog tripping over my tripid.

1 minute ago, SteveBz said:

whereas mine looks like a Blue Peter job with Shep the dog tripping over my tripid.

Down Shep :)

I think that's just down to his colouring Steve, you'll capture the faculae with a Baader filter and the surface detail when your focus is good and conditions oblige, keep at it mate.

Archived