Brighter wonders !

cotterless45

The huge glowing Moon floated along in the south, looking north was dark enough  to produce stunning views. Lacerta  gave some lovely clusters in packed star fields,NGC 7209 and the dancing NGC 7243 being the best here.
I had another look at some of Caroline Herschel's discoveries, you can share that excitement looking at these for the first time,NGC 7788 being fine and the sailboat NGC 225 looking lovely. 
I returned to old lists of clusters , revisiting Berk.94 and some Kings in Cassiopeia. One struck me as being very fine, Czernik 43, I'll be back for another view here. 
Close binaries are good targets opposite the Moon, some in Cassiopeia and then down for Perseus. Σ162 showing a delicate triple , like iota Cassiopeiae.
Eventually I caught Σ314 (SAO 23674) at 1.5".
Before packing away, I caught the upside down "Coathanger" half way from Albireo to Altair and "Kemble's Cascade". Find this one top finger span of Cassiopeia to the left . Both in x8 binoculars, hoping for 
Clear skies !
Nick.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Nice report Nick as usual. :) Was surprised after watching Andy Murray win his second gold in tennis last night that the skies where clear. Rushed outside with my deck chair to a dark spot in my front garden to sit down and look for some Perseids, but within 5 mins high cloud had scudded in to block the views once again! <groan!>. :( 

Nice report, Nick.

I too sat up to watch Andy Murray winning gold and kept going out to see whether or not it was worth setting up. Unfortunately, the Moon never made it above the trees and rooftops to my south but was bright enough to was out almost everything visible from my garden, which has no view to the north :sad:

Today looks like a good day for solar so I will have to content myself with that :smile:

Great report Nick! I yesterday was under a nice sky. I could see the double cluster with averted vision and the milky way at its faintest. I was with my head up like a goofy for about 20 minutes (we had to go :( ). Wonderfull...

Nice session!  I like your notes.  They are very clearly set out.  I still have yet to find a really decent way of writing mine down so taking mental notes here.. ;)

We have had absolutely crystal clear skies here the last couple of nights and glad you've taken fully advantages it's a nice session despite the Moon now getting in the way however it never really rises that high at the moment so the sky north to east is remaining pretty dark.  Unfortunately I was unable this time to get out due to illness :(

Archived