Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SomeBody have SynScan HandController's Circuit photo of Skywatcher EQ5GOTO?

jbar

I have broken Synscan HandContoller.I Use SkyWatcher EQ5GOTO.

Inside handContoller ,Model "CELESTRON NXW215 REV.G" is printed on board.

I found broken parts printed "C3" on board.

What is this parts? I guess Same Parts "C4"(104C 23LN5)...

Anyone have this board's photo? or Anyone knows what "C3"Parts is?

Please Help.

IMG_20160810_154022.jpg

C means it is a capacitor. There will be a printed number on the device. Use this if you want to replace it. This part is cheap, but you will need to solder this tiny part. Can be done with a fine tipped soldering iron and a steady hand.

Good luck

All components in a circuit are numbered; resistors are R1, R2, R3, etc; in the same way capacitors with the letter C, connectors with J (jumper), integrated circuits with U, and transistors with Q

The other number on the device indicates the component value or type. On a resistor 103 could mean that it is 10 000 Ohms (3 for number of zeroes). But you may have to check a component datasheet to get the right information. You can't replace it with just any capacitor, it needs to be the right value. Have a look at this:

http://www.robotoid.com/appnotes/electronics-capacitor-markings.html

According to this 104C means that it is a 10 0 000 picofarad capacitor (10 with 4 zeroes), or 100 nF = 0.1 uF

Unfortunately, you can't assume that C3 has the same value as C4 without knowing its function. Your best bet is to compare with a working hand controller, as per your original post

Edited by wimvb

• 6 years later...
On 13/08/2016 at 04:58, jbar said:

I have broken Synscan HandContoller.I Use SkyWatcher EQ5GOTO.

Inside handContoller ,Model "CELESTRON NXW215 REV.G" is printed on board.

I found broken parts printed "C3" on board.

What is this parts? I guess Same Parts "C4"(104C 23LN5)...

Anyone have this board's photo? or Anyone knows what "C3"Parts is?

Please Help.

IMG_20160810_154022.jpg

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

9 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

@zgr44 This thread is almost 7 years old. The OP hasn't logged on since starting the thread (Aug 2016), I don't think the thread is relevant anymore.

Yep. And the posted photos of the hand controllers show different versions. The original post had 2 capacitors near the connector, with one blown. The newer version has no capacitors in that area. In case someone stumbles upon this old thread in the future ...

And I thought it was only Reptile Forum UK where Decade old posts get resurrected by first time posters...... 

If the revisions are sequential, the handset has gone through a lot of revisions since the OP requested help !