Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrading focuser on 'Old Gold' SW 100ED

11 hours ago, Alan White said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

how did you fit a finder after this upgrade Kerry?

Hello Alan -I didn't  notice this thread revival yesterday 

I only  use a Telrad on this scope now- stuck on in the usual way. However, I mostly use the scope now with my Ioptron mount and find that I hardly need a finder with it. 

I agree with everyone that the upgrade is certainly worthwhile 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point. This scope has got a wide enough field not to need a finder scope!(unless light pollution is a particular problem). I just use a cheap as chips Red Dot. TelRad is miles better, but I'm very tight and get by happily with the RDF.

Paul

21 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Good point. This scope has got a wide enough field not to need a finder scope!(unless light pollution is a particular problem). I just use a cheap as chips Red Dot. TelRad is miles better, but I'm very tight and get by happily with the RDF.

Paul

Unlikely I'm ever going to sell you my finder for the VX12 then?...

...TV-60 with a Pan24mm EP :grin:

25 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Paul

If it does the job Paul, it does the job :icon_biggrin:

The sort of stuff that I'm looking for when I'm going faint with my 12" dob can't be seen in a 60mm finder even if it was a Tak :wink:

As long as you can spot the "leading light" stars then thats what matters :smiley:

On 4/19/2017 at 10:01, Alan White said:

I have ordered one from FLO, once fitted, will look at the finder options.

Well after a bit of a wait, focuser arrived and to be honest I don't like it all.
This was to upgrade the ED100 DS Pro dual speed focuser and other than it looks nicer, the action feels as pants as the existing one.

Sadly a return for FLO I think (I hate returning stuff) and save for a better quality unit, perhaps a Baader or Moolite?

Archived