NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cave Widefeild

ollypenrice

I already had a fairly deep widefield Cave region from the tandem Tak so I took our recent 21 hour TEC140 capture of the central part and blended it in using Registar and then Photoshop. I think most imagers love to capture fine detail. I'm all for that but I think I'm really even more passionate about colour. The more exposure time you have the more colour you can have - without colour noise. I like lots of colour in an image provided the data supports it. There is a huge difference between over-saturation and strong colour. For me an image is over saturated when it shows colour noise. When it shows lots of colour without colour noise then that's the same as dragging out the faint stuff without noise. I'm rambling! Here's the picture...

CAVE%20HaRGB%20Tak%20106%20and%20TEC140.

Olly

Yes, lots of colour, and all the more beautiful for it.  I really like the blue reflection nebula lurking at the rear of the cave feature.  A finely balanced image Olly.

I can't figure out if the bottom right hand edge is beginning to pick up some dark nebula feature just out of frame or whether there is a blending artefact?

8 minutes ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Yes, lots of colour, and all the more beautiful for it.  I really like the blue reflection nebula lurking at the rear of the cave feature.  A finely balanced image Olly.

I can't figure out if the bottom right hand edge is beginning to pick up some dark nebula feature just out of frame or whether there is a blending artefact?

The blend from the TEC only covers about a quarter by area of the widefeild and is fairly central. I don't think there's a blending artefact but there might be!

Olly

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

This is super.... I like the saturated look in your images, I think you have it right. This works very well in narrowband by the way :)

You don't love that little reflection nebula then? Awe....

:evil4:lly

Good grief Olly! You seem to be developing a guilt complex about having colourful images!!! ;-)

That is a brilliant piece of work, as usual, and it just reinforces our resolve to implement a dark-skies retirement plan. Now if only Alex and I can decide between Haute Alpes or La Palma... :)

Archived