NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Dead?

iksose7

Hi, its been a while since i have been involved in anything astrophotography. Probably about 6 months since i last done any imaging. Mainly due to no time but also because my mount died. One night it just wouldnt power up - the red light wouldnt turn on and no sound of the gears moving to signal any sign of life. So i went through the trouble of ordering a new motherboard as i thought that could be the only problem. I only just got around to installing it last night and was gutted to find it made no difference! So does anybody have any other ideas why the mount is lifeless?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply guys. I am powering from the mains. The NEQ6 plug itself has a red light on it so it cant be the fuse as far as i understand? The wires inside the mount also look fine, im stumped!

Callum

If you have a multimeter, check the voltage at the plug that attaches to your mount.

If that is low or zero then, maybe there is a problem in the cable/soldering?

If the voltage is ok (~12V) then there could be a problem in the contact between the power lead and the mount.

Hope you nail the problem.

Dan.

Hi,

if possible check the back of the jack plug socket on the mount, as they can be a bit dodgy...just a thought, as if you can see where the power stops it will eliminate a few things, follow the power.....

Bill

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I think i have a multimeter somewhere, i will try and dig it out and check tomorrow night along with everything else suggested. Dont think i will opt for the power pack until i have no other option. The mount has always ran fine off the main though, dont know why it would all of a sudden be a problem?

Callum

Archived