Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Gina's DIY All Sky Camera - Mark 4 - with ZWO ASI185MC

Gina

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High thin cloud and thicker lower cloud.  Stars look nice and sharp :)  Still no condensation :)  Should be good whenever we get a proper clear night.

Capture 2016-06-16 23-55.JPG

I think when the pesky moon goes out of shot I'll turn the camera round 90° so that the long axis is oriented N-S to get the best view of the Milky Way.

Capture 2016-06-17 23-22.JPG

This camera and lens combo works fine in both night and day :)  Though does tend to partly white out at times.  I've been thinking that since rain comes mostly from the southwest that a good view down to the horizon in that direction would be a good idea.  Also there are trees and rising ground to the NW so no need for horizon level view in that direction.  I know most people seem to orientate their ASC either E-W or N-S but I'm not sure this is always best.

• 2 weeks later...

The forecast says clear sky tonight but I wonder...  I've turned the camera 90° so now east is up, west is down, north is to the right and south to the left.  If we do get a clear night I'm hoping to capture the Milky Way but I'm not holding my breath.

Capture 2016-07-05 2052.JPG

30s exposure and gamma at 10 - still no noise showing but plenty of stars.  Wispy cloud and vapour trails too unfortunately.  And reflections in the glass dome :(

Capture 2016-07-05 2325.JPG

A frame taken from an AVI captured last night, direct from the AVI and enhanced in Photoshop CS5.  Later in the video the Milky Way just seemed to disappear.

Capture from video 2016-07-06 am.JPGCapture from video 2016-07-06 0035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived